Braver Spaces Policy
We are a collective of artists, practitioners, therapists, facilitators and hosts who embody the diversenature of the Earth. These embodiments are reflected in diverse expressions of race, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, abilities, ages and spiritual beliefs.
We protect the right to be free of discrimination and harassment and are committed to anti-racist and anti-oppressive practices. We are an explicitly trans-affirming space for practitioners and participants.
We hold ourselves and our clients accountable to honoring the sacredness of these diverse expressions.
These are the values we strive to uphold our mission of consent, respect, and inclusion.
- We are a community of individuals creating and holding a brave space for whole person wellness and peaceful living.
- We are a community that moves in solidarity while celebrating the diverse nature of our eco-system, reflected through age, race, gender identity, ability, giftings, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, political perspective, educational and class status, family structure and religious beliefs.
Bigotry is not welcome here. We are working towards a world free of discrimination based on race, class, sex, gender, size, sexuality, physical or mental ability, appearance, social standing, etc. As difficult as it may be, we will do our best to hold each other accountable when we perpetrate these discriminations.
- We are committed to take actionable steps for disassembling the centuries of racism deeply rooted in the nation’s systems and institutions.
- We take deep responsibility for how we attend to our privilege and bias within this unjust ecology and move in solidarity with those who have been marginalized.
- We commit to centering the experiences of those who are more marginalized among us, specifically people of the Global Majority, Black, Brown, and Indigenous people, LatinX and people of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
- We offer a holistic, safe, clean, sustainable center that provides services, products, and programs promoting physical, nutritional, emotional, intellectual, spiritual, economic, environmental, cultural, and civic well-being.
- We agree to work together, synergistically and holistically, and to create a center rooted in hospitality where neighbors are respected and members of the community are welcomed warmly.
- We work to honor principles and practices of sustainability in all that we do. Our governing principles are grounded in the spirit of collaborative, cooperative, consensus-driven decision-making.
- We strive to make decisions based on positivity and courage rather than fear and negativity and commit to communicating disagreements in a constructive way that serves the common good of the community.
- We are dedicated to creating a vibrant and harmonious community that honors diversity, strengthens cultural traditions, and seeks and celebrates common ground.
- We honor and seek to strengthen the traditions and cultures of our community.
- We strive to reduce our costs to maintain reasonable prices for the community. (see community share program, referral nominations, student and military/veterans discounts on homepage)
- We work together to create an environment that is a source of help, unity and inspiration for all.
- We seek to understand and dismantle all kinds of oppression present within our community.
- We strive to reduce our costs to maintain reasonable prices for the community (see community share program in the FAQ).
Thank you for being a part of this community. We are happy to invite you into this space and support you in your journey towards rest, wellness, and rejuvenation. Please reach out if you have any questions.
If, at any point, we feel that these agreements/statements have not been respected, we reserve the right to ask you to leave the property and not refund your payment.