4-week Series on Thursdays once a month from 7:30-9:30pm
(we will meet twice a month – every 2nd & 4th thursday – come spring)
Cost: $120 for Series or $35 drop in (email Aubrey for alternative payment options if funds are an issue – )
“Desire to learn from the wisdom of the past, feel this wisdom in your body, and then use that wisdom as a frame for your creativity.” ~ Aubrey Griffith-Zill
Learn the fundamentals of rhythm while developing techniques for freedom and possibility within improvisational form and creative exploration.
We will blend the principles and theories of dance while discovering the interplay and connection of contact improv, social dance and somatic movement in association with the cycles of nature and our evolving surroundings.
Each class follows the same rhythm:
1) Insight: Honest self-assessment. Centering. Breathing techniques. Where am I? What do I feel? What do I need? Identifying needs and feelings through the felt sense of the body.
2) Cleanse: Watch thoughts and clear the clutter through imagination as a playground for choice. Transcend the story. Open to natural wisdom.
3) Nourish: Study and feel the synergy between grounded rhythms of social dance form and the emergent vortex of a shared point of contact in improvisational movement. Listen to impulses of the body and the shared body. How does it feel to receive support from a rhythmic, consistent practice, as well as a listening body?
4) Transform: An emergent actualization of whole-person learning and listening within in a dynamic group. Using dance to creatively organize within a culture of listening and consent.
**OUSIA is the work of Aubrey and her mother Robin Zill**
– In memory of Robin Zill 1956-2007 –
The Ousia Circle has been created out of the inner
journeying of Robin Zill with the help of many
friends and families. It’s not new, in fact, the living
pattern is found both within us and in our
environment and in most philosophical systems.
Robin felt that the Ousia Philosophy has the potential to
reconnect the many divergent industries, peoples and
eco-systems back to the core of who we are and how
we can live more cooperatively on earth and in our
communities. It is the beginning or continuation of a
journey that helps to guide one to a deeper sense of
self, an enriched feeling of health and a joyful place
and understanding of one’s place in their community.
Each individual is composed of unique internal ingredients that create their form, their pattern within, their primordial soup. Understanding one’s pattern, oneself, one’s strengths, weaknesses, aspirations, and cycles can help you lead a more fulfilling life.
Personal knowledge is the process of seeking, observing, assessing and evaluating. It is about finding the balance between passive awareness, acceptance and active internal questioning. This is the essence of the Ousia Journey.